Compassion Lectures Archive
Wed Apr 06
Annual Lecture on Compassion: "Recovering the Relational Roots of Compassion Training"
Paul Condon, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology at Southern Oregon University, Visiting Lecturer for the Centre for Buddhist Studies at Rangjung Yeshe Institute, and a Fellow of the Mind & Life Institute
- Wednesday April 6, 2022 from 4:00 pm–5:30 pm
- Virtual event
Wed Apr 14
2021 Lecture on Compassion: "Self to Cell: A Biological View of Flourishing"
Elissa Epel, Ph.D., Professor and Vice Chair in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco
- Wednesday April 14, 2021 from 4:00 pm–5:30 pm
- Virtual Event
Thu Apr 04
2019 Lecture on Compassion: "Expanding Compassion: Reflections on Our Research, Practice, and Lives"
Sona Dimidjian, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado Boulder
- Thursday April 4, 2019 from 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Bennett Pierce Living Center - 110 Henderson Building
Thu Apr 19
2018 Lecture on Compassion: "The School-Based Promotion of Children’s Empathy, Kindness, and Altruism: Emerging Research, Lingering Questions, and Directions for Future Research"
Kimberly A. Schonert-Reichl, Ph.D., Professor of Human Development, Learning, and Culture; Director, Human Early Learning Partnership, School of Population and Public Health; and Applied Developmental Psychologist, University of British Columbia
- Thursday April 19, 2018 from 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- 22 Biobehavioral Health Building/Ruth Pike Auditorium
Thu Apr 20
2017 Lecture on Compassion: "Empathy-Related Responding and Prosocial Behavior in Children"
Nancy Eisenberg, Ph.D., Regents' Professor, Department of Psychology, Arizona State University
- Thursday April 20, 2017 from 4:30 pm–5:30 pm
- 22 Biobehavioral Health Building
Thu Apr 07
Inaugural Lecture on Compassion: "Well-being is a Skill: Perspectives from Affective and Contemplative Neuroscience"
Richard Davidson, Ph.D., William James and Vilas Research Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, Director of the Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, and Founder of the Center for Investigating Healthy Minds, University of Wisconsin at Madison
- Thursday April 7, 2016 from 4:15 pm–5:15 pm
- Ruth Pike Auditorium, 22 Biobehavioral Health Building