Webinar: "Protective Factors in Substance Use"
- Thursday April 8, 2021 from 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Virtual Event
Register for this event here: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1443016&tp_key=d826e49904
Diana Fishbein, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute Co-Director, National Prevention Science Coalition to Improve Lives Research Faculty, Penn State Univeristy
Anthony Biglan, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Oregon Research Institute Board Member, National Prevention Science Coalition to Improve Lives
- Understand how prevention research seeks to identify conditions that reduce risk for substance use disorders and all other psychological and behavioral problems.
- Become familiar with the social determinants of health and how they influence multiple outcomes for children, families and communities.
- Understand the fundamental conditions that ensure successful development.
- Be able to describe the malleability of brain and bodily systems that are effected by ACEs.
- Know how preventive interventions work to combat risk by environments that nurture prosocial development.
- Recognize the need for comprehensive, evidence-based programs and policies to create environments that nurture positive social development in all of its forms.