UNESCO Chair and Professor
204C Ferguson Building
Mark's research, teaching, writing, and program development concentrates on the role of community and leadership development in the community, youth, and rural development process. In this context, much of his work has focused on community action, civic engagement, youth development, locally-based natural resource management, economic development, and social justice. This work has involved extensive comparative research throughout the United States, Europe, Central/South America, Africa, and Asia.
His research interests include:
- Community and Leadership Development
- International Development
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Social Change/Social Movements
- Rural Sociology
- Environmental/Natural Resource Sociology
For more information about Dr. Brennan, click here.